Classroom Policies and Expectations
Grading (per quarter)
• 50% Unit Tests and Projects
• 35% Quizzes
• 15% Assignments / Homework Quizzes / Binder Check
• You are responsible for getting and completing all missed work.
• Test make-ups will be given for legitimate absences only.
• Test make-ups must be completed before the next test is scheduled.
• If you are late to school, make-ups must be completed that same day after school.
· No make-ups will be given for a class cut.
· If you arrive to class tardy without a excused pass you will receive a 20 minute classroom detention to be served that day.
Guidelines for Success
• Have materials out and ready for the start of class.
• Complete all assignments.
• Actively participate in class.
• Keep an organized and accurate notebook.
• Make corrections on homework, quizzes and tests.
• Show work clearly and neatly.
• Get extra help after school.
• Use this website to download guided notes, keep informed about assignments, and access other helpful information.
Rules / Consequences
All rules listed in the SKHS Handbook must be followed.
· Tardiness to class will not be tolerated. If a student is late to class without an excused pass, detention will be assigned for the following day.
· Cell phones, IPods and any other electronic devices must be turned off and put away. If it is out during class the device must be turned in. (It will not be returned until the end of the day.)I
Violation of any rule - Detention will be assigned for the following day.
Refusal to turn over any electronic devices - Office Referral.
· Be on time
· Be prepared
· Be a participant
· Be attentive to teachers
· Be attentive to classmates
· Offer your help
· Turn off cell phones
· Be quiet and attentive to school announcements
· Clean up after yourself
· Conserve resources
· Leave electronics in backpacks, or at home
· Eat and drink in the cafeteria rather than in halls and class
· Have materials out and ready for the start of class
· Check the board, website, for announcements and instructions
· Complete all assignments
· Actively participate in classwork and lessons
· Organize your notebook and other class materials
· Learn from your mistakes (find and understand errors)
· Show work clearly and neatly
· Ask for help, Accept help, Offer help
· Use this website to download guided notes, keep up with assignments, and check reviews for tests and quizzes.
· Get extra help after school